Search My Notes

There are many pages of posts on many subjects, and only a few show on this main page. Search for the subjects that you are interested in.

Topics covered in here tend toward Gadgetry, Weapons, Books, Tools, and a lot of other things that have captured my interest.

Please note the "Linked From Here" tab on the results, which lists search results from sites I have linked to in my posts.

Survival Blog

http://www.survivalblog.com/img/logosm.jpg

Survival Blog is a great resource for self-sufficiency. Since I am lazy, here is a cut/paste of the author's credentials and introduction:



The purpose of this Blog is to inform and motivate readers to take steps that will help prepare themselves and their families. Survival is not just about guns, groceries and gadgets. More importantly, it is about having friends that you can trust when times get hard, such as for:
A Dollar Crisis/Monetary Collapse (witness the current hyperinflation in Zimbabwe)
Naturally occurring plague or pandemic
Nuclear Blackmail (North Korea and China have already made public threats)
Terrorist LNG fuel sector or power grid attack
Terrorist nuclear, biological, or chemical attack
Fuel and/or food shortage crisis
Major volcanic and/or earthquake events
Nation-state nuclear, biological, or chemical attack
As well for these far less likely but potentially even more cataclysmic possibilities:
Asteroid or comet strike
Tidal Waves/Surges
Global War
Martial Law
Invasion
Science Accidents (Genetically modified crop failure, nanotechnology "gray goo", et cetera.)
Climate change

I'm Jim Rawles, a survivalist author. I'm a former U.S. Army Intelligence officer and technical writer. I now work as a full-time blogger, retreat consultant, and freelance writer. SurvivalBlog is my creation, but because of SurvivalBlog, I'm part of something bigger: a virtual community of some of the most brilliant people that you could ever meet. Despite our differences, we all have an interest in preparedness.

For details on my survivalist philosophy see my Precepts page.

I am a Christian, and hold to Reformed doctrine. My view of history is of the geographical determinist school. My view of economics is of the Austrian school. Politically, I am a conservative/Constitutionalist libertarian. All of these have shaped my views on preparedness.
You can also read my full biography. There is also a Wikipedia page about me and my writings.
Since its launch in 2005, SurvivalBlog has become established as the Internet's most popular daily blog on survival and preparedness topics
Subject areas include (in no particular order):
Disaster Preparedness (Both natural and man-made TEOTWAWKI)
Self-Sufficiency
Christianity (I hold to Reformed doctrine and am a Five Point Calvinist)
Contrarian Investing (with a strong "hard money" precious metals emphasis)
Survival Logistics ("Beans, Bullets and Band-Aids")
Survival Tools--with a strong emphasis on firearms
Hunting, Fishing, and Trapping
Survival Retreat Locales
Evaluating Potential Retreat Homes and Parcels
Retreat Home Construction/Modification
Photovoltaic and Other Off-Grid Power
Communications
Christian Charity--both now and post-collapse
Small Unit Tactics
Retreat Security
Networking with Like-Minded Survivalists
The Second Amendment and firearms legislation
Wilderness Survival
Supporting our Troops--Tangibly
Rural Relocation and Self-Employment
Bartering and The Alpha Strategy
Survival Vehicles--Restoration and Modification
Fuel Storage and Alternative Fuels
Marksmanship
Emerging Threats
Privacy and Encryption
Offshore Options
Quotes of the Day (please e-mail me your favorites and I will likely post them!)
Odds 'n Sods

(Me) (Home)

0 comments: