Search My Notes

There are many pages of posts on many subjects, and only a few show on this main page. Search for the subjects that you are interested in.

Topics covered in here tend toward Gadgetry, Weapons, Books, Tools, and a lot of other things that have captured my interest.

Please note the "Linked From Here" tab on the results, which lists search results from sites I have linked to in my posts.

McMaster-Carr

McMaster-Carr is Grainger on steroids. Grainger's catalog spans 3900 pages but McMaster-Carr's half million products has them beat, though the two companies do complement each other as much as they compete. McMaster-Carr concentrates less on supplies and more on hardware, metal stock, plastics, etc, and specializes in next day delivery, which makes them a favorite of some major corporations. In fact, this outfit's print catalog is restricted to bigger business with a Dun and Bradstreet listing and established credit.

Their online catalog opens their business up to any with with an internet connection and a credit card and is one of the best laid out sites that I have seen. This is what their main page looks like.


Even with the next-day delivery their prices are pretty reasonable and there is a good chance of finding the parts you need from them. They are rarely out of stock on anything and their customer support is reputed to be excellent. There's no minimum order, either!

From a satisfied customer:
I needed a 6" fully threaded 10-24 machine screw, and it turns out...*they don't exist*. However, the folks at McMaster were able to listen to what I needed it for, and suggest an alternate product which would work just as well. Guy called me literally 10 minutes after my initial inquiry, to help me figure out what I needed. He was super friendly. They have decent prices. Tons of stock. What more can you ask for? These guys rock my machine screws right off.

(Me) (Home)

1 comments:

The Blotspot said...

Household pets? Sorry. I used to own hounds just like the black and tan that got chewed and eaten. What happened there was, the dogs were chasing the beta wolf and she did what wolf and coyote packs always do when dogs are chasing them. The animal being chased circled back to where the pack was waiting and the dogs ran right into a well planned ambush. End of story.