Search My Notes

There are many pages of posts on many subjects, and only a few show on this main page. Search for the subjects that you are interested in.

Topics covered in here tend toward Gadgetry, Weapons, Books, Tools, and a lot of other things that have captured my interest.

Please note the "Linked From Here" tab on the results, which lists search results from sites I have linked to in my posts.

DIY Photography, for the Handyman.








DIYPhotography (or DIYP in short) is a place dedicated to photography lovers. It belongs to Udi Tirosh, a professional photographer doing mostly family and portraiture sessions. It is loaded with DIY projects that run from the simple to the complex to help you take better photos

In his words:

My deepest desire is to teach you how to take great pictures, and do so without breaking your bank account.

In the way to achieve that, we will discuss photography techniques, share a ton of tips, and explore creative and cheap alternatives to expensive studio gear.

I started DIYP, back in the days where I was an amateur photographer, who needed studio equipment, but could not afford to buy the expensive, branded top quality studio gear that you can find on photo equipment stores.

So… I began looking for alternatives. I quickly learned that light is light. It behaves the same (or close enough) inside a $1,000 profoto softbox and inside a DIY softbox for $10. And so DIYP began.

DIYP started out as a blog with a collection of lighting modifiers. It soon expanded into everything gear, not neglecting our prime love for lighting.

We began exploring camera hacks, ways to mount your camera on fences, doors, and well.... just about everything. We explored camera hacks like CHDK, memory cards. We discussed tips and tricks that enhance your gear, open creative options and help you finish the month without a hole in your pocket.

All the articles on DIYPhotography.net are free and will remain free, as long as I can afford it. I hope that providing free, intelligent articles about stuff you can do at home, will encourage amateur photographers to experiment and to test their limits.

(Me) (Home)

0 comments: