Search My Notes

There are many pages of posts on many subjects, and only a few show on this main page. Search for the subjects that you are interested in.

Topics covered in here tend toward Gadgetry, Weapons, Books, Tools, and a lot of other things that have captured my interest.

Please note the "Linked From Here" tab on the results, which lists search results from sites I have linked to in my posts.

SMath: Freeware Mathcad Clone



Mathcad lets you do math like you were sitting at a desk with pencil and paper, but it costs $500. SMath lets you do the same thing and is free, and now it has an integrated math reference book.

Among SMath's capabilities are:
  • Solving differential equations
  • Graphing functions in two or three dimensions
  • Symbolic calculations including solving systems of equations
  • matrix operations including determinants
  • Finding roots of polynomials and functions
  • Symbolic and numeric differentiation of functions
  • Numeric integration
  • Simple multiline looped programs
  • User defined functions
Want to figure 16 to the seventh power? Type 16^ 7 , =, and your answer is 2.6844*10^8. Want to add a column of figures? Type them in with a + between each number, hit =, and you have your answer. Ideal for high school or college math classes.

Simple. Powerful. Free. Unbeatable.

For more information, here is the PDF Introduction to the use of SMath Studio. If you want to try it, the latest version is 0.85, and you can download it here.

(Me) (Home)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward in reading more of your work.

www.n8fan.net

Anonymous said...

You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it wise. I am really satisfied with the posting that you have given us; I can not wait to read far more from you.

www.triciajoy.com

Unknown said...

I find this blogger an inspiration and is definitely worth following. I've became a subscriber too, so please keep me updated. thanks once again.

Bry
www.gofastek.com